Holistic medicine is the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. It integrates conventional and alternative therapies to prevent and treat disease, and most importantly, to promote optimal health. This condition of holistic health is defined as the unlimited and unimpeded free flow of life force energy (sometimes called 'Chi' or 'Prana') through the body, mind, and spirit.
Holistic medicine encompasses all safe and appropriate modalities of diagnosis and treatment. It includes analysis of physical, nutritional, environmental, emotional, spiritual and lifestyle elements. Holistic medicine focuses on patient education and participation in the healing process.
Some of the Principles of Holistic Medicine include:
- It embraces a variety of safe, effective options in the diagnosis and treatment, including lifestyle interventions such as diet and exercise, complementary alternatives to conventional medicine, drugs, and surgery.
- Addresses the root cause of disease instead of treating the symptoms.
- Focus on prevention.
- Emphasizes the patient’s own innate unique healing capabilities.
- Illness is viewed as a manifestation of a dysfunction of the whole person, not as an isolated event.
- Encourages patient autonomy.
- The ideal physician-patient relationship considers the needs, desires, awareness, and insight of the patient as well as those of the physician.
- Illness, pain, and the dying process can be learning opportunities.
- Encourages the healing power of love, hope, humor, and enthusiasm, and to release the toxic consequences of hostility, shame, greed, depression, and prolonged fear, anger, and grief.
- Unconditional love is life’s most powerful medicine. We strive to adopt an attitude of unconditional love for our patients, themselves, and other practitioners.
- Optimal health is much more than the absence of sickness. It is the conscious pursuit of the highest qualities of the physical, environmental, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social aspects of the human experience.
We incorporate many types of Holistic therapies in our practice. Some examples include:
- Diet/blood type analysis
- Allergy desensthization.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Herbal Medicine
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Emotion Code
- Family Constellation Therapy
- Neural Biofeedback testing, aka Kinesiology (specifically Autonomic Response Technique)
- Applied Psychoneurobiology (APN)
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM)
- Various laser therapies
- Meridian Stress Analysis