Red light therapy (RLT) is a type of photomedicine, a wellness approach that utilizes light of different wavelengths to treat various health conditions. Red light exists in the wavelengths between 620 nanometers (nm) and 750 nm,
Red light therapy is thought to work by acting on the “power plant” in your body's cells called mitochondria. With more energy, other cells can do their work more efficiently, such as repairing skin, boosting new cell growth and enhancing skin rejuvenation.
Infrared light stimulates the mitochondria – the energy generators of your cells – to produce more ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), NO (Nitric Oxide), and regulate ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species), all crucially involved in the body’s recovery process.
Red light therapy is considered a complementary therapy, that may offer the following benefits:
- Improvements in skin/collagen synthesis. Helps with fine line/wrinkles, acne
- Lessen pain
- Optimizing energy by supporting mitochondria
- Help with Sports Performance- Enhance blood flow and oxygenation to dramatically improve performance Peer-reviewed scientific studies have reported big improvements in athletic strength. One study showed that FlexBeam users lifted up to 40% more compared to the control group.
- Recovery-Stimulate the cells to support regeneration and turbocharge your recovery
- Brain Health
- Anti-aging effect
- Improve Wound Healing
- Assist with regulation of circadian rhythms, and sleep, by regulating melatonin production.
Are there any studies on Red Light Therapy? There have been thousands of studies showing the benefits of red-light therapy (PubMed: Red Light Therapy Benefits: 4,931 papers) showing the following benefits:
- Stimulates growth of new blood vessels
- Improves microcirculation that optimizes blood oxygenation
- Better quality of collagen and elastin
- Helps to improve nerve growth
- Assists in repair of muscular, tendon, and ligamentous injuries
- Improves mild osteoarthritis
- With better blood flow reduces muscular spasms
- Shown to reduce inflammation without heating tissues
- Boosts immune system
*For more technical information, see white paper link to FlexBeam: https://creatives.goaffpro.com/159995/1650266498152.pdf
Why FlexBeam? Red Light Therapy (RLT) is not a new technology and there a lot of different products based on RLT out there! So, why FlexBeam?
- One of the aspects that makes FlexBeam unique and innovative is that it's wearable. FlexBeam comes with different bands that can be used to wrap it around a specific part of the body.
- FlexBeam is designed to stay in direct contact with the skin and to provide the perfect treatment in terms of duration and intensity.
- And while you wear it you can do whatever you want because you don't have to stand still in front of a panel. Think about it---you would have to stand in front of a light panel for at least 30min to 1 hr to get the benefits…who has the time?
- FlexBeam is the 1st Targeted Red Light Therapy device for home use, designed to relieve, recover and repair.
Are there studies specifically on Flexbeam?
How often should you do red light therapy?
- It depends. Some people require frequent sessions, while others can get by with treatment now and then. Most get good results with a 15-minute session, 3-5 times each week for several months
- Flexbeam can be used daily, for varying lengths of time, depending on the condition being treated. Most Flexbeam users use it for 10-30 minutes twice daily, once upon waking and again in the early evening hours. This simulates the natural ancestral rhythms of sunrise and sunset and therefore establishes healthy circadian rhythms.
How quickly does red light therapy work?
- Every individual may respond differently to specific treatments and results will also depend on the goal you want to achieve. However, with daily use, you should be able to see improvements in 4 to 6 weeks.
Is FlexBeam safe?
- FlexBeam is designed for daily self-use and for this reason it is easy to use for everyone. Three presets and fixed cycles of 10 minutes: you don't need to worry about anything else than selecting the program and pressing start!
- There are no specific side effects reported in the use of RLT, so it is actually an amazing new way to heal and empower everyone's body without drugs and chemicals.
For more information on the benefits of Red Light therapy: